- This event has passed.
Health Care Decision Making and Use of MOLST: What You Need to Know
April 12, 2012 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm
Health care decisions are difficult to make, and many caregivers struggle with their ability to comply with resident and family wishes, especially when there are differences. Attend this program to understand your obligation under certain circumstances and identify potential deficiencies for noncompliance.
- Gain familiarity with the legal framework in Maryland
- Understand your obligations in facilitating health care decision making
- Identify deficiencies related to advance health care decision planning
- Review implementation of MOLST
Paul Ballard – Assistant Attorney General, Counsel for Health Decisions Policy and the Office of Health Care Quality, Maryland Attorney General’s Office
Howard Sollins – Shareholder, Ober, Kaler, Grimes and Shriver
Tricia Nay – Medical Director, Office of Health Care Quality, Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- 8:00 am – Registration
- 8:30 am-9:30 am – The Law and The Forms
- 9:30 am-9:45 am – Break
- 9:45 am-10:45 am – Provider Compliance
- 10:45 am-12:30 pm – Regulatory Oversight and Case Studies
Administrators: This educational offering has been reviewed by the National Continuing Education Review Service (NCERS) of the National Association of Boards of Examiners of Long Term Care Administrators (NAB) and approved for 3.75 clock hours and 3.75 participant hours. Approval Number: 1242012-3.75-8765-in.
Social Workers: HFAM is an approved sponsor by the Board of Social Work Examiners. This program is approved for 3.75 Social Work Category I Education units.